WIP day, as opposed to revision day... I actually got a couple of pages down! When writing, I have to take breaks-that-are-not-actually-breaks to do research. It's like writing your way up to a cliff and then realizing you have to write yourself a little bridge to get over that deep, deep gorge...
Today's research included:
- Placental abruption
- What doctors who supervise interns are called
- Course titles of medical school students
- Bodies of water that appear turquoise in color
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Fish of the GBR
- Pretty fish of the GBR
- Anemones or coral?
The last one triggered a need to listen to Owl City while I attempted to finish the second page, during which I was interrupted at least 14 separate times:
- my I-need-to-see-my-girlfriend-tonight-can-you-drive-us? 15-year old (8 times, possibly more)
- the cable guy asking if we have a dog because he needed to screw with the cable box in the back yard (1)
- cats knocking stuff off of Paul's desk (2)
- various phone calls (3, and no one ever calls me; WTF?)
I suppose writing two pages was sort of a miracle (and/or those pages are total crap).